Friday, July 29, 2011

My Thoughts

Monday, August 1st,  I will have my very first major surgery ever!! I am afraid of the doctors. I am not sure that they will remember to put my head back on!! Pop-Pop said he would make sure they use A LOT of super glue. They are doing a lot of things that  I don't understand, but Mommy does. They will decompress my brain so I have more room and my brain doesn't get squished. I don't want my brain to get squished. That is scary. Then, they will remove a disc from my neck so I have more room in my throat. I had my tonsil and adenoids taken out, but that didn't help. Sometimes when I swallow, I have a hard time and I end up throwing up. I get embarrassed but Mommy and Pop-Pop say it's OK. I don't mean to throw up. They say they have to do a bi-opsy on a mass that is in my brain. They say it might be cancer. They just don't know. If it is, this surgery really can be dangerous for me. They will remove tonsils that are in my brain. This causes a cyst that i have in my spine. Sometimes, the herniated tonsil can obstruct the flow of fluid from the ventricles.
In this case, embryonic passageway in the brain stem can cause my cyst in my spinal cord. The syrinx can cause weakness and numbness, which can become permanent.

I have had some bad blood test. I also have something called JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis). I am a strong boy, but my hands are really weak. I have something wrong with my bone marrow and I may need a bone marrow transplant in the future. So I have to have a spinal tap done after my recovery. I have to see a cancer doctor and a blood doctor. I am scared, but my Mommy is with me all the time. A very nice nurse showed me that with this special light, you can see you have blue veins. She showed me that they are in my arms, legs, and tummy. She was really nice. I showed my Pop-pop my blue veins.

OH!! I almost forgot! My Daddy is coming home for my surgery!! Mommy said I am a very special boy because the Army is letting my Daddy come home. He will be here the day before and leaves the day after my surgery. My Daddy makes everything better. There are other things they will do during surgery. I will show them I am a big boy. They say I may not be the sweet little boy I am now. I may become violent and angry, but we are hoping that won't happen. Well I will let you know how I am doing after surgery. Thank you all for praying for me. I love each and every one of you.

Love,
Isaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment